Less-Engaged Patients are patients that fall into one of the following categories:
- Less-Engaged - patients that have responded to fewer than 30% of their messages in the last 30 days.
- Unconsented - patients that have not consented to receive messages from CareSignal for a specific program
- Opted-Out - patients that have consented to receive messages from CareSignal, but eventually opted-out of messages by texting STOP or pressing * during a phone call
Why It's Important
CareSignal is based on self-reported patient data. If patients are not responding to messages, they are not triagable and will require manual outreach.
How To Access
The easiest way to view all of your Less-Engaged Patients is from the Dashboard. (They will be filtered based on your Patient View.)
You can also see if a Patient is Less-Engaged from their Patient Detail page
How To Use
Less-Engaged (Response Rate < 30%)
Patients can become Less-Engaged for a variety of reasons. During your next follow up, consider asking patients why they’ve become less-engaged and see if there’s anything you can do to help their response rate.
If they are…
- On vacation: You can pause their service.
- Getting messages at the wrong time: You can update their prescription.
- If they are missing calls: Consider updating their prescription to text messages.
For other instances, follow your discretion or your organization’s standard operating procedures.
Unconsented (Hasn’t Consented to Receive Messages)
Patients that have not consented to receive messages. You may resend consent confirmation or talk to them about the program they were enrolled in on your next call to the patient.
Opted-Out (Has Stopped Messages)
Patients that have stopped their messages. If a patient has opted-out of messages, there are two ways to restart their messages:
- If they have a prescription for phone calls, you may restart the program from the site
- If they have a prescription for text messages, ask the patient to text UNSTOP or START to restart the program (this manual restart is due to legislation)